1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup buttermilk (sub 1tsp lemon juice or vinegar and add milk until it reaches 1 cup)
1/3 cup butter, melted or 1/3 cup oil
3 tbsp molasses
1 cup natural wheat bran
3/4 cup wheat germ
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups finely chopped apple
- Combine first five ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine bran, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a seperate bowl.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Stir in apple.
- Spoon into 12 greased muffin cups. (I use silicone liners, no grease needed)
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-23 minutes, or until set.