2010/12/23

Like Mary

Flight into Egypt by Carl Spitzweg

In the days leading up to Christmas we have been dipping into gospel passages during the dinner hour, following our devotional, En Route.

Reading Joseph and Mary's story had got me thinking lately, about how thoroughly their lives were turned upside down. And yet they never wavered. They just believed. They continued on, not complaining. Not disappointed that their lives were not going to turn out the way they thought they would.

I want to be that way. I want to accept. Believe. Continue on without complaining or crying. No matter where he leads us, no matter how rough the road gets.

I want to be like Mary. I want to humbly say with her, “I am the Lord’s servant."

And at the end of that road, may I sing a song as beautiful as Mary's Magnificat.

No comments: