2010/10/20

Our Vacation

And now, the moment you all have been waiting for...
If you're still there...
We went away for a few days at the end of September to Sherkston Shores (hooray for off-season rates!) It was really windy on Friday and Saturday, which made the waves on the beach pretty high. C-note didn't seem to mind the wind this time, since he loved playing in the sand so much. Coat on, hood up, and bare feet was the norm for him all weekend. All he wanted to do was play on that beach...which was conveniently close to our trailer. We watched beautiful sunsets from our deck. The boardwalk staircase was a few steps from our place. It couldn't be more perfect! We didn't get to swim because it wasn't quite warm enough, but I don't think any of us minded too much. As we were packing up on Monday morning, I was missing the place already. I didn't want to leave! As we climbed the stairs after a last goodbye to the shore, the rain, which had held off all weekend despite the "predictions," started to fall. We sure felt blessed to have good weather in such an unpredictable season! We had a pretty quiet ride home. It must have been all that fresh air.
Thanks for letting me borrow your camera, Mom! I was pretty upset I had forgotten mine. I wouldn't have all these lovely photos otherwise! We loved "vacationing" with you and Dad too...let's do it again next year! :)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I heard about this vacation - looks like a great time! Maybe we should all go next year!

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling said...

Looks like fun! There's you using your ergo :)

Chelsey said...

This looks like a great vacation! I love that first photo -- so inviting...

Anonymous said...

Looks like fun!