2010/10/01

Saying Goodbye



Have you ever had to say goodbye to someone, not knowing if you'll ever see them again? On Tuesday after a quick goodbye lunch, we had to do this. It happened so quickly there was no time for tears. Stu and I sat there, kind of stunned, I think, afterwards. I wondered why the bard said "Parting is such sweet sorrow." Why sweet?

Maybe because the times we did have were good. Perhaps because it isn't really final.

Goodbye, dear friends. And thanks for listening to my struggles when I needed someone to talk to, A.
Here's one for the guys! ;)

4 comments:

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling said...

I loved the muppets as a child and I hate goodbyes. Even when they aren't forever goodbyes - I cry!

Chelsey said...

I'm not good at goodbyes. I prefer "till we meet again".

mum said...

I don't quite understand what you mean here...You and Stu after a quick lunch had to say goodbyes?
You mean from your holiday weekend, to the people there?

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom,

friends of ours are heading out to Alberta to pastor a congregation there. We saw them quickly on Tuesday for lunch before they flew to Alberta that evening. After spending time together during and after seminary, now they're gone--unless we follow them to Alberta when I'm done school!