2009/01/05

Wings of...Paradise?









To escape the winter blahs, we decided to go to Wings of Paradise in Cambridge on Friday. We've been to the Butterfly Conservatory in Niagara Falls before and were quite delighted by it so we thought we would try a different one this time. The website told us that we could expect to see 2000 to 3000 butterflies and over 12 different species of birds. Well, we saw five butterflies and a couple of finches. At least Callum had fun running around, pointing and yelling at the birds! It was so much fun to get out of the house, and do something, just the three of us. We had dinner at Boston Pizza afterwards - another first for us!

3 comments:

JVE said...

oh, that's really too bad that you didn't see much. I've been there once with my family and there were lots of butterflies. I even have a picture of one big blue one sitting on my head :)

willowsprite said...

Yeah, apparently we came at the wrong time, and the wrong weather. I complained so we're going back for free! ;)

Anonymous said...

Ok....so don't be sad one day when you wake up and see that your camera has disappeared. I WANT IT! NOW! Besides your talent of taking great pics, and wonderful patience, I want that camera!!!
lol...
GREAT job Sherri!!